WHAT VICTORIANS & ESTATE AGENTS CAN AND CAN’T DO UNDER STAGE 4 RESTRICTIONS
The recent announcement of Stage 4 restrictions in Melbourne led to some confusion amongst customers as both the real estate industry and general public awaited announcements from the Andrews’ Government.
During Stage-4 restrictions, we will be strictly adhering to current guidelines, so our office will not be open to customers. Please call us at 9560 3988 for any of your property needs.⠀
- All open home inspections have been cancelled (only online viewing is allowed)
- Private appointments to inspect property are not currently permitted
- We are permitted to facilitate the settlement of homes that have already been sold
- We are permitted to facilitate end-of-lease arrangements
- We are permitted to facilitate the commencement of new leases for tenants who have already been approved, that have paid their bond and one month’s rent, and need only to collect keys
If you will require a pre-settlement inspection during Stage-4 restrictions, please contact your agent’s mobile directly to arrange an appointment. We will then email confirmation of your appointment. It is essential that you carry a copy of this email with you on the way to the appointment, in case the police wish to verify your purpose of travel. Should you develop flu-like symptoms in the lead up to your appointment, or have been required to self-isolate, you must inform us before arriving for the appointment.
When you attend your appointment:
- Please wear a facemask
- Don’t bring anybody else with you
- No contact. No shaking hands
- Maintain physical distance of 1.5m
- Don’t touch anything in the home (ask for your agent’s assistance)
In terms of rental property management, we are permitted to:
- Attend to emergency maintenance
- Conduct end-of-lease inspections (to facilitate the release of bond etc)
- Facilitate commencement of new leases (subject to the above-outlined restrictions)
We appreciate that you may have questions or concerns. Please don’t hesitate to phone or email and we will do our best to assist, while acting lawfully.
SUPPORTING & CARING FOR CUSTOMERS
The impacts of COVID-19 have created enormous complications for everybody.
From the outset, when mounting business closures and job losses created distress for our tenants and landlords, we actively supplied advice about the financial support available to both. Then, we set about negotiating and implementing relief arrangements, where circumstances required.
Our staff adopted remote work arrangements and enacted open home/private appointment safety protocols swiftly, while our marketing materials were refined to assure buyers and tenants understood the procedures we had (and have) in place to minimise risk.
Then there are the behind the scenes things we’ve done that are less visible to customers, but which greatly influence outcomes in customer satisfaction. Our agents have pulled together to support one another’s wellbeing and business management by regular online training because without that, we couldn’t continue to provide Australia’s best property services.
These are trying times for all Australians but rest assured, we are 100% committed to finding solutions to your challenges, supporting you as best we can, and our actions speak louder than words.
We put you first.